MAK Pools LLC.
Terms of service.
Updated 19th December 2017.
- Duties on every visit:
On arrival at your pool, the pool technician shall carry out the following jobs:
- Test and adjust the chemical properties of the pool water to APSP* standards
- Supply all common chemicals required to maintain hygienic conditions
- Vacuum the pool floors
- Brush the walls to avoid build-up of scum and scale
- Clean and clear out debris from the pump baskets and skimmer baskets (if any)
- Maintain filter pressure to size and type and also backwash/rinse accordingly
- Check for any irregularities in the filtration and electrical systems including cleaning equipment and attend to minor works after obtaining prior approval when necessary
Every six months our pool technicians take a sample of your pool water and bring it in for chemical analysis. The following will be tested for:
- Total Chlorine, Combined Chlorine and Free Chlorine (if any)
- Sodium Chloride Content (if any)
- Oxone Concentration (if any)
- pH level
- Cyanuric Acid
- Total Alkalinity
- Total Dissolved Solids
- Calcium Hardness
All positive results will be discarded. For those that turn out negative, or out of the acceptable ranges set by the APSP*, an action will be taken. The client or authorized person shall be notified by phone/email of their results, and of any action that is to be taken by us, well in advance.
* The APSP (Association of Pool and Spa Professionals) is an American based quality control organization representing the pool and spa industry that set the standards within the industry and ensure that member companies comply with the same, providing you, the client, with the highest quality of products and services.
- Maintaining the proper water level in the pool shall be the responsibility of the client. It is essential that only fresh water be used to fill and top up the swimming pool.
- We take no responsibility of any children and/or pets left unattended at any time whatsoever.
- Bulbs, skimmer baskets, pump baskets, pump seals and bearings, repairs in general due to wear and tear, and any other consumables shall be charged to the client. If the pool pump needs repairs, it is not due to negligence on our part, but because it is a mechanical item which will require repairs from time to time.
- It is recommended that a heat/chill pump be serviced every 6 months. This service is to be charged separately.
- It is recommended that a sealant be applied over sandstone/natural stone in order to protect it from flaking and pitting. In the case of salt chlorinated pools, it is imperative that a sealant is applied or else the sandstone will be damaged prematurely. A quote for this can be furnished, if required
- Although not covered by this contract, we recommend a bacterial test be carried out once every six months. This service is available at an extra cost of AED00. The tests carried out include: (a) Total Aerobic Count (b) E‑Coli (c) Total Coli forms (d) Pseudomonas Aeruginosa (e) Faecal Streptococci
- In the unfortunate event of a leak in the structure or plumbing of the swimming pool, MAK Pools shall not be responsible for the rectification under this contract. A quote to have the pool tested for leaks can be furnished upon request.
- Any minor remedial works that may be necessary and can be carried out during the time of routine maintenance will not be subject to any additional charges. However, any additional labour, other than required for routine maintenance, is not included and is subject to an extra fee.
- Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, trimming or any kind of cleaning/alteration to the areas around the pool does not fall under our scope of work. Our services are strictly limited to the water body and its cleanliness.
- The cleaning of the balance tank and over‑flow channels does not fall under this contract. However, we recommend having it cleaned every 6‑8 months. A separate quote for this shall be sent as a recommendation, or upon the request of the client.
- Cleaning equipment such as vacuum hoses, nylon brushes, nets, etc. are to be charged to the client. You shall be notified when the existing item at site has worn out and needs replacement. As these items are available with us, a quote for the same shall follow.
- Our responsibilities under this contract are subject to the pool and pool equipment being in sound and satisfactory condition prior to commencement of service. We are not responsible for any repairs resulting from improper or incorrect installation by third parties.
- Each pool is composed of unique water properties. Elements such as climate, chemical supplier and technique change can trigger an imbalance in chemical properties, leading to poor water quality from time to time. While we endeavour to keep this to a minimum, please bear with us should this unfortunate incident occur.
- Water and electricity to be provided by the client at no charge. If a job requires the pool be drained, water for refilling the pool is to be supplied by the client. In the event of a pipe leak or flooding, water charges are the responsibility of the client.
- Our scope of works does not cover any civil works, nor any failure of equipment due to manufacturing defects unless these are covered by an existing warranty or maintenance period related to us having constructed the pool or having supplied the item in subject.
- Reporting Procedures:
Our technicians use an online mobile application to report, log and capture important data about your pool including images. This includes lots of useful information that will allow us to increase our service level and track the status of your pool service agreement and also get in touch with you in case we need to carry out works that aren’t covered by this agreement. All this information will be available for you to review on our online portal.
To minimize miscommunication between the client and our technicians, who are not well versed in English, all clients are requested to contact the office directly in order to convey their comments, compliments and complaints.
In any of the following cases, the next visit to the swimming pool by our technician will be on the next scheduled day:
- Electrical supply disruption, either directly from DEWA, or due to damaged or faulty supply lines that feed the pump room
- Inability to access pool due to a locked gate or no one to open the door to the garden for our technician
- Lack of water in the pool due to evaporation / splashing
- The pool pump, heater or any other equipment connected in the filtration system, that may have been taken in for repairs; stopping the filtration cycle
- The scheduled day for the pool maintenance falling on a public holiday
- Pricing, Validity and Terms of Payment:
- All prices on service agreements are monthly charges.
- All prices are exclusive of any government imposed taxes.
- Invoices will be raised within 5 business days of the new billing cycle
- This service agreement is automatically renewed at the beginning of each cycle unless cancelled. Either party may cancel this contract at any time giving the opposite party a 30‑day notice period. A refund for unused services shall be provided within 10 working days from the last day of service.
- Note that the continuation of our service is strictly subject to the terms of payment being complied with. Service shall be temporarily suspended in the event that payment is overdue. We shall bear no responsibilities whatsoever of any equipment damage, neither any harm caused to any of the tenants/swimmers due to a chemical imbalance during this suspension period.
Please note our terms and conditions are subject to change. An updated and effective version is always available on our website.